Who we are & what we do
Who are we?
- The Town has 21 Councillors elected by the residents every four years.
- The Current Mayor is Councillor Tony Tye
What do we do?
The Town Councils' duties and activities include:
- Management of Tower Gardens Pavilion including Community Hall, Cafe, Office and Changing Places Suite.
- Management of the Cemetery, Remembrance Garden, Tower Gardens, Allotments, Christmas Illuminations and some of the benches, notice boards and bus shelters in the town.
- Management of Scarbrough Avenue Car Park.
- Management of various walks, parish paths and amenity areas including Vine & Coronation Walk, King George V Walk and Beresford Field.
- Management of the play areas on Alma Avenue, Church Road, Winthorpe and Tower Gardens.
- Provision of Community Grants (due to cease 1st April 2022)
- Review and comment on planning applications within the Town
- Liaise with relevant authorities regarding infrastructure /policing/community issues to represent your views and get the best advantage for the local area
- Engage with all interested parties regarding current and future shape of life in the local area
- Verge grass cutting in Skegness and Winthorpe (delegated areas only)
- Jolly Fisherman Copyright
- Hanging Baskets and Planters (Town Centre, Castleton Boulevard and Tower Gardens Only)
- War Memorial maintenance
- Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Charity Street Collection Licensing
- Remembrance Parade organisation
- Mayoral and Jolly Fisherman support for events
How are decisions made?
Decision making is the responsibility of the Council, however certain decisions are delegated to either a Committee or to an Officer of the Council.
For details of delegated decisions please see below.
Register of Interests
Our committees have specific tasks and can have delegated powers.
We have a team of staff that work together to deliver the range of services we provide. They can be contacted through our office at the Tower Gardens Pavilion, Rutland Road, Skegness, by phone or email. If you have a problem to report, this can also be done online.
Please see the Council's privacy notices for details on how we use and share your personal information, and your rights to access this information.
Information, General Privacy Notice, 2021.05.21 (PDF, 133 Kb)
General Privacy Notice - Updated May 2021