Job Vacancy - Finance Officer
Skegness Town Council - Part Time Finance Officer 28hrs per week
Are you a person who can hit the ground running and be comfortable in joining our exceptionally busy, but friendly team, to handle our finances and payroll? This is a permanent position of 28 hours per week.
Comfortable and knowledgeable about accountancy and payroll, including the use of IT systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Income and Expenditure (£0.5m plus)
- Preparing and running payroll including PAYE and Pensions
- Entering all financial information on to the Council's Finance System
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing invoices and chasing debts
- Preparing financial reports and end of year accounts
- Liaising with auditors
- Submitting VAT and PAYE returns to HMRC
- Maintaining staff leave records
- Assisting with a broad range of admin and customer facing tasks
You will be expected to work Friday, but the balance of hours can be worked flexibly as you prefer.
The full-time equivalent salary will be in the range of £21,269 to £22,571, pay award pending. (Actual salary for 28 hrs per week £16,095-£17,080.)
There's 32 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days after 5 years' service. There is also a contributory pension scheme.
The job is based at Tower Gardens Pavilion, Skegness (free parking available).
How to apply:
Complete our application form, see the dedicated Job Vacancies page on the website. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack OR ring 01754 840040 to get a pack posted to you. For an informal chat about this job or more information please phone Steve Larner Town Clerk or Kate Ford, Deputy Town Clerk on 01754 840040. Closing date for applications 26th May 2022, interviews expected week commencing 6th June 2022.
Posted: Mon, 09 May 2022 15:50 by Steve Larner