Who we are & what we do
Who are we?
- The Town has 21 Councillors elected by the residents every four years.
- The Current Mayor is Councillor Dick Edginton
What do we do?
The Town Council duties include:
- Management of the Cemetery, Sunshine Play Area, Allotments, Christmas Illuminations and some of the benches and bus shelters in the town.
- Review and comment on planning applications within the Town
- Liaise with relevant authorities regarding infrastructure /policing/community issues to represent your views and get the best advantage for the local area
- Engage with all interested parties regarding current and future shape of life in the local area
How are decisions made?
Decision making is the responsibility of the Council, however certain decisions are delegated to either a Committee or to an Officer of the Council.
For details of delegated decisions please see below.
Register of Interests
Our committees have specific tasks and can have delegated powers.
We have a team of staff that work together to deliver the range of services we provide. They can be contacted through our office at the Town Hall, North Parade, Skegness, by phone or email. If you have a problem to report, this can also be done online.